SALKANTAY & INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU TREK 6D/5N
- Pre trek briefing
- Collection from your hotel the morning of trek departure
- Transport from Cusco to the trailhead
- Inca Trail Permit (includes entry to Machu Picchu, but not to Huayna Picchu)
- English/Quechua/Spanish speaking professional guide (Assistant guide for groups over 6 people)
- Tents – 2 people in a 4 person tent which allows for greater comfort, and also storage of backpacks.
- Basic foam mattress. If you prefer greater comfort during the trek we can rent you an inflatable mattress (eg. Thermarest)
- Cook and Cooking equipment (Assistants are provided for larger groups)
- Toilet tent
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary (vegetarian / sepcial diets catered to on request). Our professional cooks prepare meals that incorporate elements of the western diet and also traditional Peruvian delicacies. (Please communicate with your guide/cook during the trek if you have a preference for certain types of dishes). Salads, if served, are washed in boiled water.
- Porters & Mules (for equipment and personal items) They carry camping equipment, food and kitchen utensils. We provide duffel bags at your briefing for your personal items (up to 7 kg per person). If you wish to take more, you can hire an extra mule or porter.
- 1 emergency horse which can be ridden if you are feeling ill or if are a little slower ONLY for first 2 days
- Dining tent with camp tables and chairs & kitchen tent for the cook to prepare meals
- Tents for our staff to sleep in
- First aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle
- Bus down from Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu
- Train ticket (Expedition service) from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- Private transport from Ollantaytambo to Cusco
- Lunch on the last day is included in this itinerary
What is not included?
- Breakfast on the first morning
- Entrance to the hot springs
- Entry to Huayna Picchu
- Entry to Machu Picchu mounatin
- Tips for the guide, cook and porters
- Travel insurance
We recommend you bring:
- Original passport (and *International Student card (ISIC) if applicable)
- Travel Insurance is essential
- Sleeping bag (not included but can be hired from us)
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun protection cream (factor 35 recommended)
- Insect repellent
- Water (only for the first 4 hours of the trek)
- Personal medication
- Camera and films
- Torch with spare batteries (headlamps are useful)
*To qualify as a student, it is necessary to have a valid ISIC card
Optional items to bring:
- Walking stick (with rubber tip)
- Plasters and bandages
- Extra money
- Bathing suit (for hot springs in Aguas Calientes)
Considering an extra night in Aguas Calientes? We can change the date of your train ticket to the following day. Hotel and other costs associated with returning to Machu Picchu the following day are additional to trek costs. Please also note that your entry ticket to Machu Picchu is valid for one day only, if you wish to visit the ruins on a second consecutive day you will need to purchase another ticket.
Aguas Calientes Extra Day Upgrade Package (optional)
With hikes that trek the traditional Inca Trail, the standard package has clients returning to Cusco at the end of the trek, and they don’t spend a night in Aguas Calientes. This package provides clients the opportunity to stay in Aguas Calientes for an extra night, visit Machu Picchu for a second day and then return to Cusco by the comfortable Vistadome train.
- Cost: $195 per person on twin share basis. This price doesn’t change depending on the number of people in the group.
- Second day’s entry to Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu, valued at $75
- Bus up and down to ruins on extra day, valued at $24
- 1 night in a 3 star hotel, like Killa Inn Plaza Andina. These are nice hotels, well decorated, and clean.
- With limited eating choices at Machu Picchu hunger tends to send clients to Aguas Calientes; by including the buffet lunch we find that clients can visit Machu Picchu early, then go to the buffet to try lots of different Peruvian (and Western) dishes, rest and go back for a second look at Machu Picchu.
- Return in Vistadome train rather than Expedition train, which gives you the opportunity for a more varied timetable and to return in a nicer train, with big windows in the roof.
** Please contact us for a price for the same package but with 2 star accomodation and return in Expedition Train service **
- 1 people US$1870 per person
- 2 people US$1250 per person
- 3 people US$1200 per person
- 4 people US$1150 per person
- 5 people US$1000 per person
- 6 people US$1050 per person
- 7+ people US$ 950 per person
- Student Discount: $35 off per personStudent Discounts apply to anyone who has a valid GREEN ISIC card at the time of the trek or is 16 years old or younger. For those using an ISIC card to receive the discount, we do need to see a copy of the card at booking. For those booking children 16 years old or younger, we need a copy of their passport at booking time. Please send all to email@example.com
- Under 15 years will pay as student: US$35.00
- Under 7 years Discount: US$50.00
Huaynapicchu: $75 per person
Vistadome Train (One Way): $80 per person
Vistadome Train (One Way): $65 per person
Sacred Valley Tour:
City Tour: $
Maras Moray Tour:
Flavio Huamani, Photo Tours Peru
Adress: Urbanizacion Flor de la Cantuta B -2 San Sebastian Cusco Peru