Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu Tour 2 days/1 night
The Sacred Valley of the Incas and Machupicchu's impressive citadel can be visited in two days and one night, with a comfortable stay ion the edge of the impressive Apu Machu Picchu.
This option gives you much more time to enjoy all the sights of the Sacred Valley, as well as to photograph them. With the help of your professional guide, Flavio, you will learn new skills and techniques that will enable you to capture beautiful photographs of Inca ruins, local people and lovely villages. You will be able to explore macro photography, photographing the wonderful native plants and flowers, and your overnight stay will allow you to experience the sunset and sunrise in the valley. On your second day, at Machu Picchu, you will put your new skills to use, taking stunning photos of the majestic Inca ruins and amazing views. We at Photo Tours Peru want to give you the experience of a lifetime, but also give you the necessary tools to capture it with a collection of photos that will last forever.
Day 1: Cusco - Sacred Valley - Aguas Calientes
We will pick up you from your hotel at 8:30am to start the guided excursion through the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Our first stop is at Pisac, a typical Andean and archaeological village where the famous market takes place. We will have time here to enjoy the typical markets and archaeological complex.
Next we move on to Urubamba which is surrounded with beautiful landscapes; here is where we will have our delicious buffet lunch.
Ollantaytambo is our last stop of the day; here the architecture is of exceptional interest for the size, style and originality of its buildings. Ollantaytambo is one of the most peculiar and surprising archaeological parks of Peru, thanks to the variety of architectural types and the singularity of each one of them; here we will visit the archaeological remains, the art fairs and typical markets. We will stay the night in the Plaza Andina hotel in Aguas Calientes. (L)
Day 2: Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Cusco
After breakfast at the hotel, we head towards Machu Picchu for a three hour guided visit of the Inca citadel. You will have free time to explore the beautiful area on your own or to climb Huayna Picchu and then we'll enjoy the buffet lunch at the Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge restaurant.
Later, we will return to Cusco, via Aguas Calientes, from where you will be transfered to your accommodation. (B / L)
* People who want to visit Huayna Picchu must let us know as soon as they can, because according to new rules, there is a limit of people (400) per day that can climb it.
- 1st Turn 07:00 am : 200 people.
- 2nd Turn 10:00 am : 200 people.
- Breakfast in the hotel
- 2 buffet lunches
- Vegetarian meals available on request at no extra cost
- Transfer to the bus station
- Transfer to the train station to come back to Cusco (aprox. 4 hours of trip).
- Transfer from the train station to your hotel in Cusco
- Train Ticket Cusco – Aguas calientes – Cusco.
- Entrance fees for the Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Return bus ticket to Machu Picchu from Aguas Calientes
- Professional bilingual guide
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu
- 1 night at the Plaza Andina hotel. www.plazaandina.com
- Travel Insurance
We recommend that you bring:
- Camera or video camera.
- Sun glasses, sun block.
- Hats, mosquito repellent.
- Light clothes.
- Warm clothes for the return.
Considering an extra night in Aguas Calientes? We can change the date of your train ticket to the following day. Hotel and other costs associated with returning to Machu Picchu the following day are additional to trek costs. Please also note that your entry ticket to Machu Picchu is valid for one day only, if you wish to visit the ruins on a second consecutive day you will need to purchase another ticket.
Aguas Calientes Extra Day Upgrade Package (optional)
With hikes that trek the traditional Inca Trail, the standard package has clients returning to Cusco at the end of the trek, and they don't spend a night in Aguas Calientes. This package provides clients the opportunity to stay in Aguas Calientes for an extra night, visit Machu Picchu for a second day and then return to Cusco by the comfortable Vistadome train.
- Cost: $195 per person on twin share basis. This price doesn’t change depending on the number of people in the group.
- Second day's entry to Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu, valued at $60
- Bus up and down to ruins on extra day, valued at $17
- 1 night in a 3 star hotel, like Killa Inn Plaza Andina. These are nice hotels, well decorated, and clean.
- With limited eating choices at Machu Picchu hunger tends to send clients to Aguas Calientes; by including the buffet lunch we find that clients can visit Machu Picchu early, then go to the buffet to try lots of different Peruvian (and Western) dishes, rest and go back for a second look at Machu Picchu.
- Return in Vistadome train rather than Expedition train, which gives you the opportunity for a more varied timetable and to return in a nicer train, with big windows in the roof.
** Please contact us for a price for the same package but with 2 star accomodation and return in Expedition Train service **
- 1 people : US$800.00 per person
- 2 People U$$650.00 per person
- 3 people: US$600.00 per person
- 4 people : US$550.00 per person
- 5 people : US$500.00 per person
- STUDENT DISCOUNT: $35 off per personStudent Discounts apply to anyone who has a valid GREEN ISIC card at the time of the trek or is 16 years old or younger. For those using an ISIC card to receive the discount, we do need to see a copy of the card at booking. For those booking children 16 years old or younger, we need a copy of their passport at booking time. Please send all to email@example.com
- Under 15 years will pay as student: US$35.00
- Under 7 years Discount: US$50.00
- ADDITIONAL ITEMS:As you see in our Additional Items under Trip Overview, there are several optional upgrades you can include in this trip. Below is a quick list of prices, but check our Overview section for more details.
Huaynapicchu: $65 per person
Vistadome Train (One Way): $80 per person
Vistadome Train (One Way): $65 per person